Our Blanc de Noirs is predominantly made from hand-harvested Pinot Noir grapes, the hallmarks of which are a vibrant red fruit character. The creamy palate and rosy hue are a result of a small addition of Vin Gris, which was blended into the base cuvée. Over forty different clones and selections of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are planted on our 340-acre estate in the Sonoma Carneros district. This allows us to consistently produce cuvées with complexity and clear fruit expression.
Bright strawberry and black cherry aromas with subtle vanilla highlights. Creamy cherry, lemon and cola flavors combine with a lush palate, lively bubbles and a persistent finish.
Outstanding with crab, Thai cuisine, roast pork, quail, foie gras or semi-sweet desserts. Seasoning affinities include star anise, plum sauce and tarragon. Look to triple aged gouda or hard aged cheeses with persimmons and hazelnuts for the cheese course.
• Whole cluster pressed to avoid bitter compounds
• Juice is naturally settled overnight (debourbage) to encourage a clean fermentation
• Proprietary yeast used for secondary fermentation provides a delicate house signature
• Cuvee is a blend of 18 different base wines fermented in stainless steel tanks 55F to 60F
• 5% to 7% cold-soaked Pinot Noir juice (Vin Gris) is blended into the base wine for color and to establish the creamy notes in the finish
• Wine spent a year and a-half en tirage (on the yeast)