The Sonoma Brut has been carefully crafted entirely from hand-harvested Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. Over forty different selections of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are planted on our 340-acre estate in the Sonoma Carneros district. It is this viticultural diversity that allows us to consistently produce cuvées with complexity and clear fruit expression. The Brut is dominated by Pinot Noir, a stylistic decision enabling the complex aromatic and palate profile that this red-skinned grape contributes to Brut cuvées.
Delicate pear and floral notes backed by toasty almond. On the palate, one finds lively citrus, toast and apple flavors overlaid with persistent effervescence, a creamy mid-palate and toasty finish.
A tremendously versatile wine that is equally delicious with shellfish, crab, roasted chicken or sushi. Seasoning affinities include lemon grass, fennel and white pepper. Look to hard aged and triple creme cheeses with Meyer lemon compote for the cheese course.
• Whole cluster pressed to avoid bitter compounds
• 20 to 25% of the premiere taille (first press) used to add richness and structure
• Juice is naturally settled overnight (debourbage) to encourage a clean fermentation
• Proprietary yeast used for the second fermentation provides a delicate house signature
• Blend of 20 different base wines fermented in stainless steel tanks at 55F to 60F
• Wine spent a year and a-half en tirage (on the yeast)